Hello Friends and Family!
I have been home in Yarrow for 2 months now. I have definitely missed seeing these gorgeous Rocky Mountains and the valley that I call home. It will always be the most beautiful place on earth for me. It is great to be back with family and friends after being absent in YWAM for eight months. Your prayer and support have meant so much to me. I could not have done this year without each and every one of you!
This year’s Discipleship Training School has been amazing for me not only as a witness but also to be a part of. God has been working so much in the hearts of every student that I have been blessed to meet and disciple. Only by God’s grace and love have I been able to complete the task that He has set before me, as a leader for the DTS. It has been amazing experience for me and also a rewarding challenge.
Every country that I went to with my team this year had some degree of Islamic religion in it. Some of the countries had more of it than others. Because the style of our Outreach was focused towards Muslims, I had to change my perspective of outreach altogether. I had been used to ‘Outreach’ being outdoor evangelism, Jesus videos, and teaching kids about God in schools and programs. None of these things are allowed in Muslim countries. You are not allowed to preach on the streets or even share the Gospel with anyone under the age of 18. So God began to work in my heart and change my perspectives on what Outreach should or shouldn't be and He began to give me a heart in relational ministry; the ministry where reaching out the Gospel to Muslims is done through first building a relationship with the people themselves. This ministry was the foundation to build on for our team and through it formed very good friendships with Muslim men and women.
God has been teaching me a lot this year about what it really means to be a servant leader. Not only the characteristics of being a leader but also the obedience and willingness to be one. Throughout the highs and lows of staffing this year God has revealed to me that it is the heart that counts. If I want to follow God and disciple students and lead them across the world, then my heart needs to reflect the same. God needs a willing obedient vessel to complete the task of leadership for a DTS. My willing heart to do so is all that God needs for me to do in releasing His hands to work in others lives. I don’t have to be a perfect leader in any way, I just have to be willing and He’ll equip me with the rest.
What’s next you ask?
I will be heading back to New Zealand at the end of January to complete my second year of staffing the Around the World Discipleship Training School, which will also complete my two year commitment. I am looking forward to disciple and meet the next bunch of students that God will bring on the 2011 DTS. It’s such an amazing experience to see them grow in their faith and step out in Christ to impact the nations!
So until I leave in January I will be staying here in Yarrow. I’ll be working and fund raising and catching up with friends and family. Contact me if you want me to share at any events, or if you would like to go out for coffee that would be great too. I will be having a lunch after church (date to be announced) where I will be sharing about the Discipleship Training School and the Missionary work that I have been a part of.
Thank you so much for being a part of my ministry. I honestly could not do it without your prayers and support. Your involvement in my life and this ministry means so much to me!
Sincerely,
Kari Bergmann
No comments:
Post a Comment