Monday, January 31, 2011

Kia Ora

Kia Ora to all my friends and family back at home!

I just want to say thank you everyone for your uplifting encouragement and support in my life when I was at home this time around (Oct. - Jan.). I really truly am so thankful for each and everyone of you and the roles you have all played in my life. I honestly wouldn't be able to continue my missions work without you all being my backbone of support. I thank God for you all daily and pray that God will continue to bless you double as you have blessed me.

So for what is going on now...
I am safe and sound and feeling great!! My 13 hour flight from YVR to Auckland went good, well as good as a flight that long can be. I only managed to sleep 2 hours, typical, but a miracle non the less (I can't sleep on planes at all usually). The plus side of a really long flight is that it gave me a long time to think about and plan my time in NZ and to just listen to God's voice guiding me.
Today is day two at the YWAM Mangere Base in Auckland, NZ. I am already having such a great time at this leadership workshop. It's great to meet some of the representatives of the YWAM areas, like Mark Parker for New Zealand and Ben Nonoa for the Pacific Islands. They have so much wisdom and encouragement to share. God has been teaching me so much stuff already in the areas of leadership and it's only the second day!!!!! Thank you LORD!!! It is so amazing to see the YWAM family come from bases in the Pacific Islands (Tonga, Fiji, Solomon Islands) and from Brazil. Their testimonies are such an encouragement and inspiration for me, I wish you could meet them all, you would say the same.
One by one the AW80 staff team are making their way to the Mangere Base. I was one of the first to arrive at the base and was welcomed by my amazing staff leader Julie Anna. We are all awaiting in eager anticipation for the rest of our team to arrive and be united at last, Julie especially.
So yeah, this is what is currently happening with my life. Just wanted to update all of you. My plan is to send an update at least once a month, or more, depending on the amount of free time I have (as staffing takes up every second of the day).

Thank you all again for all the prayer and support!

Sincerely,
Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment